The SV609 is a peppy, uniquely styled direct-drive that's fun to ski and surprised us with its good wakeboarding performance as well. The wakes have enough versatility for us to consider this small inboard a true family water-sports boat. Svfaras are built in Canada, and perhaps this difference accounts for their out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to automotive-type styling. Familiar names such as Faria custom gauges, a Dino wheel and Clarion directional speakers provide good creature comforts. The boat features three heaters and a step-over bow to warm the cockpit for a cold autumn session. With a fully removable rear seat, the boat pays further homage to core skiing. All Svfara boats feature an integrated construction process that joins the hull, floor and stringers into one unit. This produces a smooth and solid ride that belies the young company's short history.
The wakes are small and soft to satisfy a wide range of skiers up to true shortline experts. The SV609 hull features specially designed channels and three fins to maximize tracking and responsiveness, plus it is extremely quick out of the hole. This boat will do any skier proud.
This hull is a good six inches narrower than the norm so it's easy to weigh down for wakeboarding. It's available with center and rear ballast as well as a tower, so intermediate to advanced riders can take advantage of the quick, kicky lip. Advanced riders will want to run a longer line.
- Extremely versatile wake performance.
- Quick hole shot and sports car-like handling, plus good tracking, make the SV609 a winner in the course.
- Passenger seat height is considerably lower than on any boat tested.
- Step-over bow access, recessed armrests and other touches make it stand out from the pack.
- The standard Ferrari-style driver's seat is narrow, so you must be of a modest size for a comfortable fit. A larger seat is available.