Wakeboarding isn't just a sport, it's a way of life. Knowing that, MasterCraft has fashioned the X-30 to appeal to both the skills and the lifestyle of hard-core riders. The need for advanced-level wakes is a given, but not all boats have so much space for so many friends to stretch out and chill all day.
Along the X-30's 22-foot-8 centerline and 98-inch beam stretches comfortable seating for up to 12 people, including the ever-popular wraparound lounge and open bow. Fill up the 61-gallon fuel tank, load your boards in the rotating racks on the tower, stow your gear and party supplies in the abundant storage compartments and power up the exceptional stereo system. Then you're ready for any lake, no matter how big. Suit up for a wakeboarding run on the teak swim platform or just lie out on the three-piece sun pad. This boat is what wakeboarding weekends were made for.
A Clarion CD stereo system with four JL Audio speakers, tower, board racks and 700-pound triple ballast system contribute to the sizzle of the X-30, but the steak is the wakeboarding performance. You'll encounter smooth transitions that build into a beautifully shaped peak that is essential for all of your high-end moves. It tracks well with a rider in tow and is good through choppy conditions. There's a little roll through power turns, but double-ups are clean. Crank up the volume on the wakes as much as you do the stereo by adding extra ballast — or more friends.
• A bigger boat that considers the needs of not just riders but all their family and friends.
• Lots of seating and lots of storage.
• Powers smoothly and securely through big water well with its deep-V hull.
• Handles 700-pound factory ballast and more to boost size of wakes to advanced level.
• Exceptional all-fiberglass MasterCraft workmanship in hull, deck and stringers backed by limited lifetime warranty.
• New 2005 upgrades include collapsible tower, rotating board racks and fresh hull graphics.
Top Speed 44 mph 5,000 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 5.5 sec. 135 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 7.6 sec. 235 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 59 D 61 R, 36 mph 86 D 85 R
Length 22 ft. 8 in. Beam 98 in.
Seating Capacity 12
Fuel Capacity 61 gal.
Test Prop OJ 13.7 x 17 4-blade
Test Engine Indmar MCX 5.7L,